7.02.2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA

Week 8 of It's Monday! What are you reading? and I am behind schedule! My summer goal is to read two to three "chapter books" per week with a smattering of picture books to even things out. It's the first week of my summer vacation and I didn't manage to find enough time to read two books. I think my mind is in some kind of fiction mode because, despite really enjoying it, I'm taking forever to get through Zoobiquity. But I shall prevail and finish this fascinating book about what we can learn from veterinary medicine and the overlap between human and animal conditions (biological, physiological, and even psychological).

The collection of ALA books sitting next to my dining table is currently looking for a permanent home in my house. I'm eyeing the shelf currently occupied by National Geographic back issues; if I double-up (it's a semi-deep shelf) I think I can get all of the books in there. And, while I'm going through those ARCs, I need to decide what order I'm going to read them in (by publication date so I can review them before they come out?).

WHAT I READ LAST WEEK:

A Flower in the Snow by Tracey Corderoy (ARC from ALA; on sale December 1, 2012)

Rocket Writes a Story by Tad Hills (from ALA; on sale July 24, 2012)

Bawk & Roll by Tammi Sauer



WHAT I'M READING NOW:



WHAT I PLAN TO READ THIS WEEK:

Keeping the Castle by Patrice Kindl

No Girls Allowed: Tales of Daring Women Dressed as Men for Love, Freedom and Adventure by Susan Hughes (author) and Willow Dawson (illustrator)

No comments:

Post a Comment