6.30.2012

Who I met and what I got at ALA

What can I say? It was my first time. Of course I'm going to remember it! ;)

DAY 1 :: Friday



author Katherine Applegate signing my library's copy of THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN author Katherine Applegate signing a book for Maya
[Katherine Applegate signing The One and Only Ivan for my library and Roscoe Riley Rules for my daughter]




Graphic novelist Raina Telgemeier and my new ALA friends
[Middle Grade Meet-up at the Hilton: Back row, L to R: J. Reed (Reederama), Susan Dee (The Book Maven's Haven), LibLaura5 (15 Books & LibLaura5). Front row, L to R: Cynthia Alaniz (Teaching in Cute Shoes), me, graphic novelist Raina Telgemeier (GoRaina!).]




ALA Day 1 haul

[Day 1 haul]

DAY 2 :: Saturday



author Marie Lu



[Marie Lu signing Legend and Prodigy for my son]
 



Me and author/illustrator Tad Hills



[author/illustrator Tad Hills signing Rocket Writes a Story for my daughter]




author Susan Cooper interviewed by Roger Sutton



[author Susan Cooper and Roger Sutton: The Live Five interview at the Horn Book booth]




ALA Day 2 haul
[Day 2 haul]

DAY 3 :: Sunday



ALA 2012 Newbery-Caldecott Banquet 
[The Newbery-Caldecott Banquet program (watch Elementary librarian Travis Jonker's video of what the program looks like on the inside)]




Caldecott winner Chris Raschka Newbery winner Jack Gantos (sorry about the crappy quality)



[Caldecott winner Chris Raschka and Newbery winner Jack Gantos]
 



author/illustrator Peter Brown



[author/illustrator Peter Brown watching the Andrew Carnegie Medal-winning video production of his Children Make Terrible Pets]
 



The receiving line post-banquet
[The post-Banquet receiving line]

As much as I loved the banquet, I was just as excited about meeting Betsy Bird (and sitting at her table!) and seeing Mr. Schu again:

Me and Betsy Bird
[Betsy and her amazing Shrinky Dink necklace. Read about its creation here.]

Me and Mr. Schu
[Teacher-librarian extraordinaire Mr. Schu]

No comments:

Post a Comment