6.04.2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA

It's week 4 of my It's Monday! What are you reading? entries. I slowed down a bit this week, partly because I was having a hard time finding read aloud books for the coming week. I also didn't spend as much free time reading as I have been for the last few weeks, unfortunately. Hopefully that will change soon since summer vacation is almost here.

My one clear failure this week is not getting anywhere with Cold Cereal. It's not that I don't enjoy the book (as I stated last week) but my mind is in complete YA mode right now and it has no desire to read MG. So, instead of renewing the book from the library yet again, I've decided to return it and perhaps try again later this summer. Sorry Cold Cereal!

WHAT I READ LAST WEEK:

Ladybug Girl at the Beach by David Soman and Jacky Davis

The Dunderheads Behind Bars by Paul Fleischman

The Summer Vacation from the Black Lagoon by Mike Thaler

 Ron's Big Mission by Rose Blue & Corinne J. Naden

Manners Mash-Up: A Goofy Guide to Good Behavior by various authors/illustrators

More Bears! by Kenn Nesbitt

Irena Sendler and the Children of the Warsaw Ghetto by Susan Goldman Rubin

Born to Read by Judy Sierra

Annie and Snowball and the Book Bugs Club by Cynthia Rylant

East Dragon, West Dragon by Robyn Eversole

Coral Reefs by Jason Chin

Awful Ogre Running Wild by Jack Prelutsky
 
Clan Apis by Jay Hosler
[on the recommendation of Neil Gaiman]

Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay

WHAT I'M READING NOW:

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman

WHAT I PLAN TO READ THIS WEEK:


READING FAIL:

 Cold Cereal by Adam Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment