7.30.2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA


My reading for Week 12 of It's Monday! What are you reading? was dominated by picture books. I'm making a conscious effort to browse the picture book shelves at the library and check more of them out. I'm happy to find authors I've never heard of before, pull books off the shelf that are not brand new, and discover books that I might be able to use in my library program.

As for the chapter book I finished this week, I was told that Seraphina was a standalone book (and everyone who heard the news -- including myself -- were rather pleased with that news) but after reading it, I realize there's so going to be a sequel! I'm not complaining, really, because it was a great fantasy book with a hint of innocent romance, but I can't help but wonder if anyone will write a story that only requires one book to tell it? Please? Somebody?

WHAT I READ LAST WEEK:

 Zoe Gets Ready by Bethanie Murguia

The OK Book by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Huff & Puff by Claudia Rueda

The Apple-Pip Princess by Jane Ray

The Mummy and Other Adventures of Sam & Alice by Akemi Gutierrez

Big Bad Wolves at School by Stephen Krensky

Chloe by Peter McCarty

Woolbur by Leslie Helakoski

New Socks by Bob Shea

The Sleepy Little Alphabet by Judy Sierra

A Home for Bird by Philip C. Stead

Dog Loves Books by Louise Yates

The Year of the Beasts by Cecil Castellucci (author) and Nate Powell (artist)
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

WHAT I'M READING NOW:
 (There's a new cover coming out in preparation for the publication of the sequel, Such Wicked Intent, in August 2012.)
The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein: This Dark Endeavor Kenneth Oppel

WHAT I PLAN TO READ THIS WEEK:


Liar & Spy by Rebecca Stead

No comments:

Post a Comment