9.01.2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA


You'll notice a theme to the picture books I read this week: camping. I'll elaborate on this more in the next couple of days, but I'm going to be volunteering for The Reading Connection, a group that "is dedicated to improving the lives of at-risk children and families by helping them create and sustain literacy-rich environments and motivation for reading" through read-alouds. The team I'm on will have its first read-aloud tomorrow and we chose camping as the theme. 


Other than that, the two books I read were YA and on the complete opposite side of the spectrum! I'm currently reading a "grown-up" book (The Tale of the Dueling Neurosurgeons: The History of the Human Brain as Revealed by True Stories of Trauma, Madness, and Recovery by Sam Kean, which I'm finding much more readable than his The Disappearing Spoon) so that's eaten into my kidlit reading time.

[To rehash the concept :: post what you read last week, what you're reading now, and what you plan to read this week. If you have a review of the book(s), great! If you have a picture of the book(s), wonderful! If you have a book giveaway, fantastic! If you just list the title(s) of the book(s), not a problem! Make it as simple or as complex as you need it to be. At least, that's the message I got. This version of the meme is hosted by Jen and Kellee of Teach Mentor Text, which, in turn, was inspired by Sheila over at Book Journey, who hosts the original It's Monday! What Are You Reading?]

WHAT I READ LAST WEEK:



Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping by Peggy Parish

Bailey Goes Camping by Kevin Henkes

Camping Day by Patricia Lakin

The Camping Trip That Changed America: Theodore Roosevelt, John Muir, and Our National Parks by Barb Rosenstock

Duck Tents by Lynne Berry

Into the Outdoors by Susan Gal

Ladybug Girl and Bingo by David Soman

Locke & Key, Volume 6: Alpha & Omega written by Joe Hill and illustrated by Gabriel Rodriguez

Lucille Camps In by Kathryn Lasky

Scaredy Squirrel Goes Camping by Melanie Watt

Stella & Roy Go Camping by Ashley Wolff

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

When We Go Camping by Margriet Ruurs

WHAT I'M READING NOW:

The League of Seven by Alan Gratz

WHAT I PLAN TO FINISH THIS WEEK:


The Walled City by Ryan Graudin

No comments:

Post a Comment