5.19.2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA


I'm back to concentrating on library books ... I've made it my mission to "collect" area library cards. So far, I have four cards, and I currently have books checked out from three of them. It's good motivation to read the books quickly because there's no guarantee I can renew them, and I'm not often in the area of where some of these libraries are and I can only return them on specific days. And this week, I was also able to finally visit the Young Readers Center at the Library of Congress.

The Arlington Library was kind enough to allow Capitol Choices members access to their ARC collection so we can read as many new books as possible. I brought a bagful of books home and I hope I chose some books that are good enough to nominate for our current In Progress List.

But I also had a chance to go to Politics and Prose, so I also browsed their shelves and tried to catch up on some new releases and selections for Capitol Choices. I love having options of where to get my reading materials from!

[To rehash the concept :: post what you read last week, what you're reading now, and what you plan to read this week. If you have a review of the book(s), great! If you have a picture of the book(s), wonderful! If you have a book giveaway, fantastic! If you just list the title(s) of the book(s), not a problem! Make it as simple or as complex as you need it to be. At least, that's the message I got. This version of the meme is hosted by Jen and Kellee of Teach Mentor Text, which, in turn, was inspired by Sheila over at Book Journey, who hosts the original It's Monday! What Are You Reading?]

WHAT I READ LAST WEEK:


Abuelo by Arthur Dorros

A Boy and a Jaguar by Alan Rabinowitz

The Boy and the Airplane by Mark Pett

Bugs in My Hair! by David Shannon

Chengdu Could Not, Would Not Fall Asleep by Barney Saltzberg

The Five Lives of Our Cat Zook by Joanne Rocklin

Found by Salina Yoon

Froodle by Antoinette Portis

Hannah's Night by Komako Sakai

Hot Dog! Eleanor Roosevelt Throws a Picnic by Leslie Kimmelman

K is for Kabuki: A Japan Alphabet by Gloria Whelan & Jenny Nolan

Matilda's Cat by Emily Gravett

Mustache Baby by Bridget Heos

Number One Sam by Greg Pizzoli

Queen Victoria's Bathing Machine by Gloria Whelan 

Rules of Summer by Shaun Tan

Separate is Never Equal: Sylvia Mendez & Her Family's Fight for Desegregation by Duncan Tonatiuh

Splash, Anna Hibiscus! by Atinuke

Thomas Jefferson Builds a Library by Barb Rosenstock

The Voyage by Veronica Salinas

A Walk in Paris by Salvatore Rubbino

What Do You Do With an Idea? by Kobi Yamada

When Lions Roar by Robie H. Harris

Wilfred by Ryan Higgins

WHAT I'M READING NOW:


What's Your Favorite Animal? by Eric Carle and Friends

WHAT I PLAN TO READ THIS WEEK:


Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano

No comments:

Post a Comment