1.09.2019

2019 Reading Challenge

I always start the year with the intention of updating my reading challenge post, but I never seem to get past the first few months' worth of reading (I didn't update past January in 2018!). That's not going to deter me from trying again, though! And this year I have a new system: instead of double-checking on Goodreads what I've read, I have a spreadsheet set up with all of the challenges, and as I list the books I read, I can check off if it meets the challenge. Hopefully that'll help ...

2019 Book Riot Read Harder Challenge:

An epistolary novel or collection of letters


An alternate history novel


A book by a woman and/or AOC (Author of Color) that won a literary award in 2018


A humor book


A book by a journalist or about journalism


A book by an AOC set in or about space


An #ownvoices book set in Mexico or Central America


An #ownvoices book set in Oceania


A book published prior to January 1, 2019, with fewer than 100 reviews on Goodreads


A translated book written by and/or translated by a woman


A book of manga


A book in which an animal or inanimate object is a point-of-view character


A book by or about someone that identifies as neurodiverse


A cozy mystery


A book of mythology or folklore


An historical romance by an AOC


A business book


A novel by a trans or nonbinary author


A book of nonviolent true crime


A book written in prison


A comic by an LGBTQIA creator


A children’s or middle grade book (not YA) that has won a diversity award since 2009


A self-published book


A collection of poetry published since 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment