9.28.2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA


I'm back after three weeks of neglecting to post my reads. And, honestly, I'm too tired and swamped with other stuff to go back and try to post them retroactively. Sometimes, you have to cut your losses and move on!

This week it's pretty obvious that I focused on reading graphic novels/comics and books about butterflies. I think I've mentioned before that I default to reading GNs/comics when I feel a bit too overwhelmed to start a chapter book but I need to be reading something. And I have a read-aloud for The Reading Connection this coming week, hence the caterpillar/butterfly-themed books. 

I decided to omit the "What I'm Reading Now" and "What I Plan to Read This Week" sections because having them looming over me unchanged from previous weeks when I know I won't get around to those books makes me feel guilty!

[To rehash the concept :: post what you read last week, what you're reading now, and what you plan to read this week. If you have a review of the book(s), great! If you have a picture of the book(s), wonderful! If you have a book giveaway, fantastic! If you just list the title(s) of the book(s), not a problem! Make it as simple or as complex as you need it to be. At least, that's the message I got. This version of the meme is hosted by Jen and Kellee of Teach Mentor Text, which, in turn, was inspired by Sheila over at Book Journey, who hosts the original It's Monday! What Are You Reading?]

WHAT I READ LAST WEEK:


Arabella Miller's Tiny Caterpillar by Clare Jarrett

Butterfly Tree by Sandra Markle, illustrated by Leslie Wu

Fancy Nancy, Bonjour Butterfly by Jane O'Connor, illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser

Flop to the Top! by Eleanor Davis and Drew Weing

Houdini the Amazing Caterpillar by Janet Pedersen

Hurry and the Monarch by Antoine O Flatharta, illustrated by Meilo So

Inch by Inch by Leo Lionni

Lillian's Right to Vote by Jonah Winter, illustrated by Shane W. Evans

Little Green Peas: A Big Book of Colors by Keith Baker

The Mitten String by Jennifer Rosner, illustrated by Kristina Swarner

Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales, #5: The Underground Abductor by Nathan Hale

Owly & Wormy, Friends All Aflutter! by Andy Runton

Phoebe and Her Unicorn: A Heavenly Nostrils Chronicle by Dana Simpson 

Stella Brings the Family by Miriam B. Schiffer, illustrated by Holly Clifton-Brown

Totally Tardy Marty by Erica S. Perl, illustrated by Jarrett J. Krosoczka

Velma Gratch & the Way Cool Butterfly by Alan Madison, illustrated by Kevin Hawkes

Waiting for Wings by Lois Ehlert

The War at Ellsmere by Faith Erin Hicks

Water is Water by Miranda Paul, illustrated by Jason Chin

Where Are My Books? by Debbie Ridpath Ohi

No comments:

Post a Comment