3.17.2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA

Uh, what can I say? I am not doing a good job of reading this month. I have excuses but they're not important. What is important to figure out, though, is why I'm not making reading a priority. Hmm ... well, I guess instead of spending time ruminating about that, I should just read!

What I did manage to read this week were both really great. I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I'm a sucker for picture book biographies, and these two were each wonderful, insightful, and educational in their own ways. I highly recommend both.

I'm behind on my Goodreads 2014 Challenge, so I'm determined to catch up a bit in the next few days before my sister arrives for her visit on Friday. Wish me luck!

[To rehash the concept :: post what you read last week, what you're reading now, and what you plan to read this week. If you have a review of the book(s), great! If you have a picture of the book(s), wonderful! If you have a book giveaway, fantastic! If you just list the title(s) of the book(s), not a problem! Make it as simple or as complex as you need it to be. At least, that's the message I got. This version of the meme is hosted by Jen and Kellee of Teach Mentor Text, which, in turn, was inspired by Sheila over at Book Journey, who hosts the original It's Monday! What Are You Reading?]

WHAT I READ LAST WEEK:

Barbed Wire Baseball by Marissa Moss

The Mad Potter: George E. Ohr, Eccentric Genius by and Sandra Jordan

WHAT I'M (STILL) READING:

Courage Has No Color: The True Story of the Triple Nickles, America's First Black Paratroopers by Tanya Lee Stone

WHAT I PLAN TO READ THIS WEEK:
Down, Down, Down: A Journey to the Bottom of the Sea by Steve Jenkins

Daisy Gets Lost by Chris Raschka

My Name Was Hussein by Hristo Kyuchukov

Nim and the War Effort by Milly Lee
 
Penny and Her Marble by Kevin Henkes

Safari: A Photicular Book by Carol Kaufmann and Dan Kainen
 
 Sojourner Truth's Step-Stomp Stride by Andrea Davis Pinkney
 
 Two of a Kind by Jacqui Robbins

A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment